Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Book That I Would Save for Future Generations

If there is one book that I could save for future generations, I would save the bible. To me, I think the single most important book out there is the bible. I can’t think of a book that is more important than the bible. The bible is a book of such importance to me, mainly because I am a Christian and believe in God. In my religion class during my senior year, each student in the class got to highlight a verse in the bible that we thought was of most importance to us. Once we graduated, each one of us got a bible that showed what verse every student highlighted. I thought that was really cool, and that’s another reason that I would save the bible for future generations. One other interesting fact about the bible is that it is one of the first books ever written. It would be neat to save one of the oldest books in the history forever. The bible is a book that also brings a lot of people together. It connects many Christians. You will see that groups of people get together to pray the bible many times. I can’t think of another book out there can connect groups of people together the way the bible does. The bible shows a list of all of the commandments as well, and I strongly believe in the commandments. The commandments are important to me because it is what Christians live by, and it also teaches a lesson of guidelines. The bible is definitely the book I would keep for future generations.

1 comment:

  1. That is cool that you were given a bible with the highlighted verse of your choice. That's something that you could always keep with you forever.

    ReplyDelete