Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Revision Process

            Revision is a very key process when it comes to writing a paper. Many times I will have written many drafts before I get a good, final copy. When I write my original draft for a paper, I don’t always feel all that confident. After I complete my original draft, I begin revising it numerous times. Each time I revise my paper I always find things that can be changed to make it sound better. I probably revise my original draft at least three times before I am satisfied with a final copy.
            My thoughts on the process of revision are that it is one of the most important steps in writing a paper. Making revisions is how you make your paper the best it can be. I’m sure not many people believe that after writing an original draft, that that is as good as their paper can be. At least that is how I feel. I always feel that something can be done to make my paper better.
            Making revisions on my papers is most definitely making a difference in my writing. I believe that if I were to turn in a paper for a grade after my first draft that I would not get near as good of a grade compared to as if I were to turn in a paper that has been revised multiple times. The instructor’s comments that are made on my original drafts have been pretty clear. I get a pretty clear understanding of what needs to be changed to make my paper more complete. When revising, I have not been having many difficulties. It seems to be coming fairly easy for me. I have a harder time doing the original writing than making the revisions that need to be made.

1 comment:

  1. glad to see that making revisions is "most definitely making a difference" in your writing. like you, i improve my writing with each revision. that is what our class is about. writing is a recursive process. i love it!!

    ReplyDelete